Monday, January 28, 2013

[Book Review] The Rozabal Line - Ashwin Sanghi


It's a first read of 2013. I picked it up because of two reasons. First, people on goodreads were stating that India has its own Dan Brown as Ashwin Sanghi. Second, it was 12-12-2012 and Flipkart was providing a pretty good discount on all items. That's the reason I bought Ashwin Sainghi's box-set.

It's my first full-length review. I'll try my best not to reveal spoilers.

The Rozabal Line is a theological thriller where author through various characters of diverse religions wants to prove that Jesus survived during crucifixion and somehow migrated to Kashmir, India. He believed that Jesus spent his rest of life in India and carried on his bloodline.


Through lots of theories that swirls between different timelines, continents and religions; the author convinced me at end. Well, some were easy to digest while some were quite shocking. If you are wondering that these theories were mere mumbo-jumbo then let me acknowledge you that the author has provided references link at the end of the book. I double-checked few of those links and found that facts are genuine. 

Murders, betrayals, foes masked as friends and a big conspiracy that might decide the fate of our planet.
Writing is good. Tale is intriguing and obviously being a thriller it has lots of twists and turns. But at some point, I found that theories pre-dominate the storyline. 

It nearly took a week @ 50 pages/day. Don't think I am a slow reader. Circumstances were against me. I think I chose wrong time for this book. Exams were just concluded when I began this novel. Brain was stuffed and weakened with engineering facts. It was in no condition to bear more information. This might have slowed my reading pace.

I have to praise the story-weaver for his research work. He connected various historical events and presented it in fairly convincing manner. Impressed, the way he articulated the links between present lives of characters and their past lives. That part was splendid.

If you are a hard-believer of your religion and if you think your religion is the only way to achieve the ultimate destiny then this book isn’t for you. But, if you are liberal like me, then I must recommend it to you.  It has somehow changed my perspective towards all religions. God Is One!

I can’t compare Ashwin Sanghi with Dan Brown. Both have different style of writing. One thing is common in them. They are master in blending facts with fiction.

One of the things that I didn’t like is an embossed gold-glittered title of book on cover page. It faded before even I reached the climax.  That was disheartening!

The best part of the book is page 345. Want to know? Grab the book and start reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment